Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sand Dollars

I'm not sure whether these sand dollars were found during Hurricane Fay, or the other one.. *Can't remember* These sand dollars are kind of old, but I thought I'd take a picture anyway.
We find these sand dollars occasionally, sometimes at VERY low tide or after a big storm. After that one hurricane we had lots all over the beach; some still alive. You aren't allowed to bring anything alive back from the beach, so I just picked up the dead ones. (You can tell if they're dead either by the fact that their little 'underhairs' aren't moving, or they turn kind of greenish.)
I know I'm being very vague in this post; I'll get some more information soon. :B

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow..might be there is some hidden treasure in the ocean somewhere near by you.. :-D
These coins are a very important par of archelogy and history..

Shobin
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step